2012年10月27日土曜日

why body education? II

[Noguchi Haruchika]

I always find difficulties explaining what kind of work I do.  Before I go into this topic, I first try to describe Seitai Kyokai, an organization with which I have been working and Noguchi Haruchika, the founder of the organization. I tried to find what kind of information is available in English. Keywords I put to the Google window are, Seitai, Haruchika Noguchi, Katsugen Undo, etc. Then I found out that you won't get much through these keywords. Information from wikipedia is so limited and also outdated. You might get better results if you search in European languages, such as French, Spanish or German. It is because Noguchi's philosophy and practice have spread in Europe through his students. Seitai Kyokai has a web page < www.seitai.org> . But Google's translation system outputs unreadable English.  Best explanation of Noguchi's works I could have found so far is short descriptions of  Noguchi's translated books in English published by Zenseisha. They should give you some ideas of Noguchi's philosophy. http://www.zensei.co.jp/books/store?genre_id=7 
(to be continued)